- 79 Videos
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Text
- 7 PDFs
- 21.0 hrs
Realistic portraiture is seen by many artists as one of the ultimate skills and challenges. Portraiture also provides us with an excellent opportunity to further refine our studies of light and shade.
In this unit you will develop the skills required to create a realistic portrait and some amazing textures for a huge variety of subject matter using Graphite pencil, Charcoal and white Conte.
- You will discover the proportions on the face and how to develop a portrait starting from one single vertical and horizontal line
- You will study the individual facial features, how to draw a child’s face in graphite pencil and how to draw hair
- Discover the incredibly intuitive and sensual medium of charcoal as you further develop your understanding of tone
- Learn twelve different charcoal techniques
- Draw three different hairstyles including; male short wavy hair, female long wavy hair and female medium curly hair
- In the final two weeks of the course you will create your own portrait
For more details see the course outline page.
Cindy Wider, Tannis Trydal and Brigitte Back