- 21 Videos
- 1 Quiz
- 6 PDFs
- 21.0 hrs
Correct shading and the understanding of Form are the key ingredients needed to make your drawing ‘look more realistic than a photograph’. You will see your drawings transform before your eyes from a simple outline into an amazing realistic three-dimensional looking image.
- You’ll discover the theory of light and shade and how this knowledge can help you when drawing from life or when photographs are not enough.
- You will learn how important it is to draw the correct shapes in your shadows and highlights which are just as important as the outline drawing itself.
- Through a series of drawing exercises you will refine your ability to compare tones and understand form while using the smooth shading technique.
- You’ll unlock the formulas to drawing and shading drapery and folds.
- In the final two weeks of this unit you will create a drawing of a fully rendered 3d looking man made object (at this point you will be amazed at your new skills!)
For more details see the course outline page.
Cindy Wider, Tannis Trydal, Brigitte Back and Maria Blinova